Not sure what to have for dinner tonight? Well look no further, because today’s recipe is Sam Brown’s famous vegetable curry. This made enough food for 5 of us, with leftovers, so change the quantities of the ingredients as needed.
- 4 potatoes
- 6 carrots
- 2 peppers
- 1 onion
- Fresh chili pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500g passata
- Single cream
1) Put some olive oil into a pan and bring to medium heat. Dice the onion and thinly chop the garlic, then add both.
2) Thinly slice the carrots and the potatoes (it is important they’re thin, or they might not be soft enough come serving time!). Boil two pans of water, and place the carrots and potatoes in the pans for a few minutes. Don’t boil them all the way though- it’s important not to overcook them!
3) Drain the carrots and potatoes and add to the pan with the onion and garlic.
4) Add the passata sauce to the pan and stir it in. Chop up the pepper and a chili pepper and add to the pan.
5) Add as much cream as you want to achieve the colour you so desire.
6) Put the rice on, along with whatever else you might be having with your curry (naan bread, samosas, etc)
7) After 15 minutes, drain the rice, take the curry off the heat, and serve.